Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hollywood,Me and the romance!




It all started in a late spring of 1987, a Saturday!


As a small town 8 year old kid, I haven't much to do at weekends, except to feed the Chidambaram Natarajar temple tank fish , with 'pori' or if lucky to tune into a radio station for the hardly understandable hindi live commentry of some cricket match!
My father, for a change, took me to the chidambaram 'Vaduganathan ' theatre showing an english movie called 'Two policemen',an out and out comedy(I searched the whole net to collect data about this movie,but in vain.. It seems this movie has just disappeared from the records)
They use to show english movies ,only at weekends and only in the morning shows...
Anyway, it's  a love at second sight!
After a while,I accompanied my dad to another movie named 'King solomen mines'... to my kid's eyes, that movie seemed to be a magnonimous magic,in every way (it's hard to digest the harsh reviews at IMDB on my first love)!
I was as curious as that lion watching 'Richard Chamberlain' kissing 'Sharon Stone',inside that huge tumbled canniabal's pot!
I had fallen in love with my head over my heal, my heal over my hand ,and my hand over my head... with Hollywood!
Then I used to nudge my dad at weekends,as I am my dad's apple in the eye he had no other choice to heed to his darling son!
Great movies back to back...'The protector'(later I learned it was jackie chan's first hollywood film),'The legend of Bruce Lee',etc
But my romance then was too brief...
As usual I went with my dad to the movie 'The Ghost busters'... but it had some scenes not appropriate to my age, and the also showed the trailer of forth coming movie 'Gremlins' which again not suitable to a pure good kid, like me(?)!
I remember still... I was crying, stamping,protesting the next saturday, but my father adamantly refused to take me to that movie!
I thrown all my kiddish curses on my dad... as a reward for my great behaviour, he stopped taking me to movies then!
And 10 years latter, I took my father to a movie called 'Titanic' at Maruthi theatre,coimbatore!
Rose wanted Jack to paint her with the diamond... with the diamond only!
I wanted to say to my dad,"Iam a man now, dad... and no reason to stop my romance here after"

No comments:

Post a Comment