Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ode to the movie A.I



Intelligence could be artificial but what about love?

The little boy locked in the helicopter believes the blue fairy in front of him... and chants his mantra 'I want to become a real boy'
He goes on with his eternal chanting and blue fairy goes on with her eternal smile... cold frozen eternal smile trying meekly to cover up the fact its not possible to give a soul to a robo than a heart!
I have this haunting recurrent dream... moving amidst mist to the home of my creator... to ask him why I am robotic most of the time and where is the manufacturing defect and to ask this question too.."Can i become a real man?"
But I watch Him on work, sculpturing a new man... the appearance of that man pinches the soul in me, hurting hard...
It resembles me in every way...
there is nothing unique about me... I am just an anothet product... a failed model!
I develop a deep hatred for him...
If god fails us where could we turn to...
What should we do with out faith?
I just fall with my bike from the top of a cliff... into the sea below...
I go deep down there...
I could hear the robo boy's divine chanting...
I move towards the helicopter... I knock the door...
Teddy bear opens it for me... I take the next seat to the boy's with the teddy on my lap...
I look straight into the eye of blue fairy in floating in front of me...
She has this smile that kinders a faith... she has this pose that she may grant any wish...
I join the chanting with boy... 'i want to become a real man'
After god failed me... I have no idea what the word 'real' means...
But i want this hope...
I want this fairy's smile...
Let she not grant what i wanted ever...
But whats wrong in faith continuing as long as her smile???


No comments:

Post a Comment